We won't have confirmation until tomorrow, but preliminary reports from the cultures drawn indicate pneumonia. He is continuing with the two antibiotics that they started yesterday and he received a blood transfusion today. Last night and this morning he had trouble regulating his temperature (it was running and staying high) but his nurse has been able to keep it steady this afternoon and evening. His doctor will know better what we are dealing with tomorrow and they will be able to adjust his antibiotics. Because of this daddy was not able to hold Drake today as we had hoped, and Drake is not able to have kangaroo time with mommy either :( Drake has been doing better with his oxygen rate today and not requiring high amounts.
Kennedy is still doing very good. She held her daddy's hand and looked straight at him before he headed out for another work week this evening. Brian going back to work each week is hard on both of us. He misses being here with us and we miss him. Today they were able to go down again on Kennedy's respiratory rate and she is on minimal settings. Now that she is on a continual feed, she is doing quite well with her digestion.
Tomorrow is their first eye exam. From what I have been told, the eye doctor will dilate their eyes and examine the retinas. Of course the first exam will show abnormal results because they are premature. We know this and are prepared to hear this. They will be reexamined about every two weeks to see how their eyes are developing. If there are any signs of problems, they will be able to do laser surgery to correct the problem. Hopefully, that will not be necessary.
2)Kennedy stretched out
3)Drake looking at mommy & daddy 4)Kennedy holding her ear and sucking her fingers
5)Drake with a pacifier
6)Kennedy looking at daddy