Monday, December 10, 2012

One Month Post Discharge

Wow! Time sure does fly once you are home from the hospital! I can't believe a full month has past since we brought both of our babies home from the NICU. Before we "lived" in the hospital, I took things for granted. I never intended to, but just like the rest of the world I was caught up with my busy day to day life. My nice warm bed...which now seems huge, a bathroom that I don't have to share with strangers, the freedom to pick up my babies at any moment, the cool breeze and sunshine as I walk to get the mail, ect...I didn't even mind the freezing temperatures today.

Becoming parents of preemies has changed us. We never intended for this to happen, it just did. It is hard to explain to others, but we see things in life differently. I guess our perspective has changed.

We owe a HUGE thank you to the doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, and occupational therapists of Dallas Presbyterian Hospital!!! It was their unwavering care, hard work, compassion, skill and dedication to our two angels that has allowed us to be a family at home together this holiday season. For the gift of life they have given our babies, we are forever grateful!





6 comments:

  1. Precious babies! Thank you Presby Dallas NICU! I had Lauren and Brandon at Presby and they treated me like a queen. I didn't want to leave... in fact I cried when I had to leave. They practically had to kick me out.

    Annie, I am so very proud of you and Brian. The way you both held up and held each other up those 4 + months.

    Love you all,

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful sight. I pray you have a pleasant week and that God holds each of you in His care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting everyday and sharing. It's such a blessing to see these two wonderful babies growing and looking so good.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how your priorities, look on life, etc change? No one quite understands it unless you have been through something similar.

    I don't always comment, but I can't wait to check in on the babies every single day! It is one of the highlights.

    Glad you got Synagis straightened out. That is the hardest Grace has ever cried. The nurses told me that the shots really hurt.:( Grace took them for 2 years.

    Also, just an FYI....my doctors have told me that I could request to sit in their offices instead of a waiting room while waiting for our turn. I don't do it now that Gracie is older/healthier...but I did do it when she was a baby. Just a thought.


    Thanks for sharing your sweet babies with us!

    Jennifer Eubanks Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! We are going to be getting the painful but nessessary synagis shots for two years also. I hate that it hurts them but I know it is helping them at the same time. Thank you for the tip about the dr office. Our dr has us use a back door so we never go through the front. I just call when we arrive and a nurse let's us in and takes us directly to an exam room.

      Delete
  5. Your babies are so beyond cute! Gotta love little miracles like them :-).

    ReplyDelete