Monday, December 3, 2012

Missing Brian

Having Brian here to help with Drake and Kennedy was such a blessing as we transitioned from the hospital to home. Now that he is back at work this week, I really miss having him here. Having to work is just a part of life and his job being in Houston is something we make work, but it doesn't change the fact that he is missed. I know this morning was difficult for him to leave us as well. It was before "bright and early" when he started his drive to Houston at 4am. He told me it made his day when he discovered a note from Drake and Kennedy with a picture in his car. We are counting down the days until the weekend when he is back home, and in the meantime i am thankful my mom is here to help me with Drake and Kennedy.

Two of my dear friends came by this afternoon and delivered dinner. Their timing was perfect because it fell between the babies feeds and they were both sleeping; this made it possible for me to visit for a little bit while my mom sat with the babies. It was wonderful to see them and catch up on the past 5 months! Visiting with friends/coworkers is one of the "normal" things that I miss so this was a real treat for me.

We are working toward weaning Drake off of his oxygen; therefore, we are lucky enough to snap some pictures with his cannula completely off. We also took a few pictures of little Miss Kennedy "Our Little Mermaid."









7 comments:

  1. Love that picture of Daddy and Drake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Andrea, that is the cutest little mermaid I have EVER SEEN! You have such beautiful miracles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing Drake's entire face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, drake and Kennedy are the most gorgeous babies!!!! What a blessing! Glad you are all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hello! That mermaid get-up is too much!! And I just adore Drake's sweet o2 tube free face!

    ReplyDelete