Sunday, December 23, 2012

6 Months Old!

Wow! It's hard to believe I'm even surprised that Drake and Kennedy are 6 months old considering how long we lived within the walls of the NICU in Dallas. Of course they are not your typical 6 month olds...their adjusted age is just over 2 months. For the most part they do act like 2 month old babies; however, in some areas they are farther along. This will be our reality for the next 3 years as they play catch up to their full gestation counterparts. I don't even bother reading what a 6 month old "should" be doing because that is not relevant to our lives.

Way to go, Daddy! He took care of Drake and Kennedy today so that I could go to the grocery store. The funny part is that we made a grocery list together and knew that one of us needed to go while the other remained home to care of the babies. I eagerly volunteered to go, as this was a chance for me to get out of the house and enter the "real" world which I rarely see. I ran into two of my former teaching colleagues at the store and I very much enjoyed catching up with them.

Looking back at pictures, it is amazing to see just how far they have come. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for us!

The first set of pictures are Drake and the second are Kennedy.



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe six months has passed... doesn't seem possible. They are both such blessings and I enjoy seeing their latest pictures every single night (or early morning hours). Thank you for takin the time out of your busy day keep the blog current. I miss you all today and during these holidays. Love you, Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your story almost since day 1. Can't believe it's been 6 months!

    ReplyDelete