Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Approval

Returning from our much needed travels, we rushed through the door of Gran & Poppy's to greet our little angels. Our homecoming was not exactly what I had played out in my mind during our flight home. Apparently they are not quite old enough to be over the moon with joy upon our return. Soon enough they will be, and I know that will feel amazing! Our dogs on the other hand were bursting with excitement to see us again!

Our journey home last night was smooth sailing. Both Drake and Kennedy slept the entire drive, and they were wide awake once we arrived home. I changed diapers and fed both babies while Brian unloaded the car. They both went to bed easily and slept great throughout the night...could I be lucky enough for this to happen again tonight?

After a stressful few weeks and numerous phone calls advocating for our son, the approval finally came through for Drake's MDCP (Medically Dependent Children's Program). We will be doing his overnight stay in the nursing home tomorrow night, and beginning on Thursday he will have his Medicaid back in place. This will reinstate his home nursing that we lost due to our private insurance denying coverage. We are ecstatic that we will be keeping our beloved nurse! My mom came in town today, and she will be staying here at our house with Kennedy while Drake and I spend the night in Gilmer at a Nursing Home. Calling around to find a facility willing to take us for one night was challenging and I was met with vastly differing pricing. On one end of the spectrum a Home was charging $700 for one night while on the other end a different Home was charging $125. Wow! I'm glad that I called around!

I am ready to get this over with and have Drake back home and away from germs. While staying overnight in a nursing home is not ideal, it is a small price to pay in order to get our son what he needs. We lived 140 days in a hospital...I think we can handle one night in a nursing home.



















2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the approval! I am so happy that Drake was approved and that you get to keep your nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy to read that you got the approval which allows you to keep the nurse you already have come to trust. This is so encouraging and reminds me to keep praying for all concerns; God is fully capable of shepherding your precious family through all the challenges. You have been well educated for these battles; what a perfect Mother and Father he chose for these two children. Thank you for taking time to update.

    ReplyDelete