Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Hiatus

First, I would like to apologize for not posting last week. Things have been…crazy! Not that things are ever calm, cool & collected around our house, but I would categorize it as organized, lively, and structured. Having a routine is good for all kids, and especially good for Drake! Lately, his routine has changed. I’m here with him every morning for his 1st therapy of the day, and then we pack up and head to the brewery to work. What breaks my heart is that Drake’s sweet nurse told me that for the first 30min after I say goodbye to him, he cries. Talk about pulling at my heartstrings! I make sure to cover him with hugs and kisses when we return (after a good hand washing, of course!). Even Hayes was full of hugs for his big brother this evening!
All smiles with my boy!

Being inventive with his button! Learning new ways to press the button.

Love his determination!
Just walking around!

Our days are long and our nights are short…even with the recent time change. All of our hard work will pay off very soon! It’s really fun seeing things start to come together! Kennedy and Hayes have been troopers hanging out and helping at the brewery. These have been long days for our little ones, too! Family and teamwork have been the key to our progress so far! Brian’s mom, Yea-yea, is in town putting her amazing artistic skills to work on our brick wall! I can’t wait to see the finished product! My brother-in-law, Aaron, was here for a couple of days last week helping out, and he plans to come back to help again this week. We are extremely grateful for him using his PTO days to help us get our building ready for opening! Brian’s dad, Papa, has been instrumental in creating the bar, tables, and overall carpentry of everything! 
Helping Yea-yea paint!

Our little helpers!

Daddy & Uncle Matt busy, busy!

Great work, Papa!

Thank you for helping, Uncle Aaron!

In the midst of our busy full days we did make time to celebrate Halloween with our neighborhood friends! What a fun evening!! The houses in our neighborhood are pretty spread out, so a Halloween Hayride complete with lights, spider webs and decorations was perfect! A fun night with our kiddos surrounded by friends is exactly what we needed after a long day!
Neighborhood crew!

Our Pirate family & monkey!

One where our little monkey isn't upset

Trick-or-treat!

The Dude!! Fun to trick or treat at Uncle Matt's!

We’ve been little short handed…it’s that time of year…we’ve had some nurses out sick or out with sick kids. Some shifts have been picked up by our other regular nurses, but others have been open. We were actually without a nurse this past weekend. Originally we didn’t have coverage on Friday (day shift), Saturday (day shift), Saturday (night shift), Sunday (night shift), and Monday (day shift). Luckily, we had one of our regular nurses pick up Friday (day) and Monday (day), we also had a regular night nurse pick up part of our Saturday (night shift). He asked if it would be ok to come in late. Absolutely! Brian was busy at the building all day on Saturday. We were all thankful to have him home with us on Sunday! My Sunday went much smoother with him here to help out. Saturday I felt like I was in the middle of a game of musical chairs and I was definitely never winning. 

My Monday morning conversation with Kennedy:
K- Are you going to be Drakey’s nurse today?
Me – No, Misty will be here today.
K – So you’re going to be my mommy today?
Me – Sweetie, even when I’m Drake’s nurse, I’m always your mommy!  

Trying to help my sweet girl understand that mommy can wear multiple hats at the same time and it doesn’t change the one constant of being mommy to her, Drake & Hayes. 

Love this guy! No night nurse. I got Drake to sleep & went to shower. When I got back, Drake was awake and Brian was settling him back to sleep.

Nighttime snuggles with mommy as night nurse!

2 comments:

  1. you guys are such a fun and close family it warms my heart to see you all work together I am so glad everone is ok I was getting concerned love your Halloween costumes great parents

    ReplyDelete