Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Quick Trip

GNO!!! That's right...Mommy got a much needed Girls Night Out! I went for my first painting adventure to Pinot's Palette with a few friends. The best part...I had fun and daddy survived at home without me! When I walked in at home, the house was quiet and the only one stirring was our night nurse. I think I may take Brian up on a few more of these evening outings! Maybe we can even manage a date night out together at some point. 

On Saturday our sweet Hayes turned 2 months old! Yesterday I took him for his 2 month check-up. His length has improved and is right on track at 23" (30th percentile) but his weight needs some work. He weighed in at 9# 11oz (2nd percentile). He has been strictly breastfeeding, but now we are supplementing 3 bottles per day. It is nice that he and his daddy can bond over bottles now. He is scheduled for a weight check in exactly one month, and in the mean time we will work on packing on a little weight! 

Our Sunday began bright and early loading the car for a roundtrip day-trip to New Braunfels and back. Yes, that made for a very long day in the car with a 3 year old and a 2 month old; however, they both did really well for such a long day of traveling. Not only did we get to have lunch with Brian's family, but Kennedy even caught a ride on her cousin, Hannah's, new toy! I wish New Braunfels was closer so that we could do this more often! I also wish Drake could have traveled with us, but a full day in the car would have been too difficult for him. I'm sure he enjoyed a quiet day at home with his nurse! 

I have to admit that I was really looking forward to getting out of the house on Sunday, but after a full day in the car, I was ready to be back home!

Giggles! 

Our sweet little 2 month old!

One with his grin!

Road Trip

Stander time

Girls Night Out!

Two of my sweeties hanging out with daddy!

My heart smiles :) This is what I found when I got home

Catching a ride on Hannah's new toy with her friend!




4 comments: