Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

We spent a nice relaxing Father's Day weekend at home together. Brian's brother even came in to spend the weekend with us. We took a family walk down to the lake and spent some time with good friends we haven't seen in quite a while. This 1st Father's Day was pretty low key, but it was exactly what Brian wanted. We didn't see Poppy or Papa, but they each received a special message from their crew. 

It has been different the past two days without going to Hyperbaric treatments. This has been an adjustment to our daily routine. I have continued to look into other options available and we are excited about some possibilities to come. I find myself checking my calendar daily because it just doesn't seem possible for Drake to only have one doctor's appointment this week. I'm not complaining. This is a nice change of pace; especially, since we have a full schedule next week. 

My sister, Drake's nurse and I took Kennedy and Jacob on a walk today. I had planned to take all 3 babies, but Drake was taking a nap and we didn't want to disturb him. Gran stayed with him and said he was in a deep sleep full of sweet smiles. He was still sound asleep when we returned. 

Kennedy has decided she is a big girl! Yesterday she began holding her bottle and actually feeding herself the entire thing. As if that wasn't enough, she blew me away when she began pulling herself up to a standing position at her activity table. She's going to be running circles around us before long! 














1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the wonderful pictures and sharing all the good news. I am excited to follow your journey. God bless, Susanne

    ReplyDelete