Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Girls' Trip

We had a little change in our plans. Due to the inclement weather, I cancelled the appointments Drake and Kennedy had for today and she and I headed home to Tyler. I'm very used to packing for Drake and checking/double checking to make sure we have everything and back ups for the day: feeding pump, pump charger, pump bag/extra bags, mickey button connectors, oxygen tank, extra tank, cannula, extra cannula, diaper bag, ect. I am not used to packing for only Kennedy. All we needed was a diaper bag, clothes & formula. It just seemed too easy...we must be forgetting something. 

Having only one baby with me today allowed me to accomplish many "to do" tasks here at home. It felt really good to mark a few things off of my list. I was planning on cooking dinner, but some of our best friends who live one street over invited us for dinner. It was wonderful having dinner with friends and being able to visit. It has been far too long since we have been able to enjoy a dinner with friends, and I very much miss our weekly dinners. 

Tomorrow morning is Kennedy's photo shoot for Brookshire's. They have us scheduled from 9am-1pm. I'm hoping it will not take that long or she will need a little nap during that time. She is a happy little girl and I have high hopes she will cooperate, but I am well aware that she is a baby and things may not go according to plan. Here's hoping for the best! 

We had a fun family weekend and Brian's dad, Papa, was here for a visit! Of course our weekends go by much too quickly, but we made the most of every minute. We took the babies down to the boat dock for the first time. Drake snoozed in the stroller for most of the adventure, but Kennedy was really enjoying the outdoors! 















No comments:

Post a Comment