Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I think I have said this before, and I still believe it to be true, Drake is the busiest baby I know! He had two appointments on Monday, 4 today, 2 tomorrow, 3 Thursday and one on Friday. Wow! That's just this week...we have more scheduled next week. I am pleased to say that slowly but surely we are getting our baby boy back...post hospital stay. He is much more relaxed and almost back to sleeping through the night...almost. 

After their helmet wrap party on Friday, we will head home to Tyler. Brian will be flying back from Chicago on Friday evening to join us. Next week is a bit hectic for all of us. Brian and I will both head back to Dallas on Monday morning at 5am. This will put Brian in town for his work day, and I will arrive with the babies at Gran and Poppy's in time to feed babies and head to Drake's Hyperbaric treatments. Both babies have cranial appointments on Tuesday, probably Kennedy's last, and then Kennedy and I will head to Tyler. Her photo shoot with Brookshires is on Wednesday morning. Drake will be going to Hyperbaric with Gran & his At-Home nurse on Wednesday while Kennedy and I are in Tyler. She and I will be back on Wednesday night, and I will be with him for his appointments on Thursday. Then, Drake, Kennedy and I will head home to Tyler, because Drake has an OT and an SST appointment on Friday morning followed by an appointment with his dietitian on Saturday. 

Drake is getting much better about tolerating his helmet, and we are seeing some great progress with his head growth in the right areas. His neurologist will be impressed at our next visit! Drake's favorite thing is to be snuggled...which we all love! This is ironic because the doctors are all surprised based on everything that he has been through that he enjoys being held. 

Kennedy is at such s fun age. She is completely content sitting by herself in the floor playing with toys. Slowly but surely she is learning to share with her cousin, Jacob, when he visits. 












3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a busy baby and a busy momma! I'm so glad he is getting mostly back to his pre-hospital disposition and schedule. (And I love that he likes to cuddle.) The pictures are so very sweet! I'm a sucker for sleeping baby (and kid) pictures. The one with Kennedy's hands behind her head just gets me! Good luck with this busy, busy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. It's a joy to read all of them.
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to be amazed how resilient and compliant that baby boy is! The doctors need to remember when Drake is being held by those who love him that, of course, he is going to enjoy!!! Little Miss Kennedy is a doll, and I am sure her photo shoot is going to be great! Your schedule is mind blowing but further proof that 2Corinthians 12:9 is real. Thanks for allowing us to part of your family, and as always we are praising God and praying for your sweet family.

    Proverbs 3: 5-6

    ReplyDelete