Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Progress & Hurdles

Drake has begun tasting trials with his speech therapist! She said he is doing really well! She was even bragging about how well he is doing with her colleagues! His body is beginning to elongate which is therapists are extremely excited about! This helps with everything...including breathing! He is grasping objects for extended periods of time and bringing objects to his mouth! He is very aware of everything around him, especially his brother and sister! Kennedy likes to be involved in moving him with his stander when he pushes his button. He likes it, too! In fact, he even waits for her to walk out of the room and then immediately pushes his button to make her run back in. Lisa and I laughed and laughed as we watched this occur at least 20+ times! 

I honestly believe potty training is the most difficult thing in the entire world! Kennedy has been potty trained with #1 for over a year, but our girl refuses to #2 in the potty. I have read book after book, seeked advice from friends, googled, bribed, rewarded, ect...at this point, I really don't know where to go from here. I do think we have a couple of contributing factors: 1) having a new baby brother and 2) she sees that Drake goes in his diaper. Any new advice and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

To say that I was not prepared for this 1/2 marathon would be an understatement. The farthest I had run in the past 15 months was 4 miles until the race this weekend. The jump from 4 miles to 13.1 is not something I would recommend for anyone. However, I committed to doing something and I was determined to see it through until the end. Finishing this race was more emotional for me than my previous 1/2 marathons. With the others, I knew that I was prepared and finishing was never in question. This race ranked up there with my full marathon mentally and emotionally. I was extremely sore on Sunday following the race! Any and all movements were difficult and hurt. Even with my pain, I chose to go the all natural path and took my usual sunset before bed along with one extra to help fight inflammation. Not only was I surprised at how well I felt the next day, but Brian was absolutely blown away! 

Thank goodness I was back to myself, because I had to add another person to care for...Brian. Yes, he is injured again. This time the culprit was racquetball. He called me Monday evening from the Express ER. His ankle is severely sprained. The doctor actually said it would heal faster if he had broken it. He is currently in an air-cast and moving to a full boot tomorrow. Regardless he is already having trouble "taking it easy."

I am praying for a smooth recovery time that goes much faster than anticipated. 

I cannot even express the joy this laugh brings me!

A strong grip and bringing his toy to his mouth!

Making Easter cookies!

Sweet Hayes in his Easter basket! He's getting SO big!

Hanging out at the running expo! 

Movie snuggles with Poppy & his dog River!

Catching a shoulder ride with Uncle Aaron at the expo!

Love my girl!

Enjoying the exersaucer at Mimi & Poppy's!

Feeling determined!

Can't stop, won't stop!

We did it! 13.1

Celebration time! 

Poor Brian! 

No comments:

Post a Comment