Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Find Your Happy

Happiness & success depend completely on how you see the world around you. There are people with tons of money and countless awards who are sometimes battling sadness and depression. While on the other hand, there are people with very few worldly possessions who are sometimes the happiest individuals you will ever meet. Sure, this is not the case for all rich and all poor; however, I do know that money doesn't buy happiness. In my experience, I believe money makes life easier, but happiness is a choice. I heard a statement today that I love...you can't chase happiness; you've got to find it where you are. 

There is no denying that our sweet Drake is one happy little boy! Anyone who spends time with him can attest to that. I would imagine all any parent wants for their child is for them to be happy. That's our hope for all 3 of our children, and if we can manage that, we must be doing something right. I'm excited to say that both Speech and Occupational Therapy are going to be focusing on communication for Drake! He is going to be moving from having one button to having two. Once he accomplishes the two bottons for communicating, he will move up to a 4 button system!  

We had such a wonderful weekend! Kennedy, Hayes and I traveled to McKinney so that I could attend a "Going Away" celebration for one of my dearest friends. This was an overnight trip & we were able to celebrate Mimi's birthday the next morning! Brian stayed home to be here with Drake and take care of trach care with his nurse. Kennedy stayed with my family and Hayes attended Girls Night with me. I honestly can't remember the last time I stayed out so late! We were having the best time just hanging out, catching up and playing games! I absolutely love how even though we are not able to get together very often, every time we are together it is as if no time has passed. 

I love how even though we were missing Brian and Drake, I could still see the happiness in my mom's eyes having the rest of us there on her birthday. She is constantly going above and beyond for everyone around her (she never has been able to say no to a request). It warms my heart to be able to turn the table and do something special for her.

I'm far from rich when it comes to money, but my family fills me with happiness! No matter what life throws are way, we can always find our happy right here at home! 

1st time to see Santa at the mall!

Love! Love! Love!

Listening to music!

Happy baby!

Building a gingerbread train with cousins!


Matching jammies!

Sweet boy!

Fun time with friends! 

Love these girls!

Love finding this!


1 comment:

  1. awesome family you are a super mom drake looks so well love your family

    ReplyDelete