Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Ups, Downs & Rebounds

Kennedy had her 1st trip to the hair salon for her very 1st haircut. She enjoyed it and did a great job! She told me her favorite part was "chocolate" because she got a Hershey's kiss at the end. After we got back home, I gave Drake a haircut, too. 

Kennedy also had her first gymnastics class this week. I love seeing her confidence as she bravely enters a new place! As a teacher, I was slightly embarrassed watching through the glass with the other parents. My child was the one trying to explore all of the equipment during the class. Needless to say she needed quite a bit of redirecting. The good news is that she had fun, and despite me being mortified her teacher assured me she did really good for their 1st class. 

We've definitely been more active with Drake lately, and we have really enjoyed getting him outside. He seems very relaxed and comfortable when he is outside. I'm sure he must enjoy the change of scenery...I know I sure do. Unfortunately, we dealt with another prolonged seizure over the weekend. It took place on Saturday night, which is our only night without a nurse. It's usually not an issue because Brian and I just split the night in the living room doing his breathing treatments. I noticed his seizure during my watch and had to run get Brian for his help. We administered his diazepam rectally which did seem to slow his seizure significantly. It still took a few hours before he finally settled and fell asleep. We know that as he continues to grow, develop and progress, his seizure types and frequency could change. This is something we remain vigilant about and work closely with his doctors to make sure he's on the best plan of defense possible. For now, are thankful that we have medication accessible to us at home which prevented a hospital visit. 

Drake is doing much better now and seems to have recovered fairly quickly from his seizure. It can take several days to get back to his full strength and activity level back. We were able to wean him off of the oxygen support completely by Monday evening! 

My sister and her family came to visit for the day on Saturday! It's always fun to see them! Kennedy had a blast playing with her cousins, and they were all worn out after they headed home. Water guns were a huge hit, and even Drake enjoyed getting squirted with water. We hope the weather cooperates and we are able to spend more time outside during the rest of the summer. 

Going on a little ride!

She loves to help with her brother!


Hair Salon!

Big girl!

1st day of gymnastics!


On the way home :)

My sweet sweet boy! Love snuggles!

Riot likes snuggles with Drake, too!

Splash time with cousins!

Jacob is very helpful and wanted to help Kennedy with her towel.

Stander time with toys on his tray! Time to explore!

I love seeing story time with daddy on the baby monitor! Makes me smile!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an eventful day! I take my daughter to a daddy and me gymnastics class on Saturday and she loves it. I'm glad you had medication at your house and didn't have to go to the hospital. Hospital visits are the worse especially at night time. I hope your son continues to get better.

    Earl White @ Salon 241

    ReplyDelete