Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Daddy's in Charge

Saturday was a big day for my boys...mommy was gone all day and daddy was in charge of Drake's care. I knew he could do it; I probably had more faith in him than he had in himself. Sure, I have been gone for the day before and even overnight in Dallas before a race, but there was always a nurse here. This time...there was no nurse. Kennedy and l headed to the Dallas metroplex at 10am for a baby shower and arrived back home around 7:15pm. Daddy did a great job and even survived a dirty diaper! Anyone who knows Brian well is quite aware that he will avoid a dirty diaper at all cost. He's great at bartering household chores to get out of a diaper change. 

Kennedy had such a wonderful time at the baby shower! For a kid who doesn't get to interact with other children very often, you would expect her to be timid but she is not shy at all. She played from the moment we arrived until we loaded in the car for home. I loved seeing her have so much fun with my friend's daughters! Getting together with my dear friends from high school is always a treat! It doesn't matter how much time has passed since our last visit, we always pick right back up as if no time has passed. 

Sunday daddy was left in charge again, but this time he had both kiddos. I was only gone for a few hours attending a meeting to learn more about the nutraceutical products (100% all natural) that our entire family has been taking. The reason we started it is because of the health benefits to reduce seizures (as well as many other ailments)...I can definitely see an improvement :) For sweet Kennedy, she has battled constipation on a regular basis but now I'm thankful she is regular :)

I am thankful for the time I had away from the house, and I think I am going to leave daddy in charge more often :)

I can't believe I forgot this handsome photo from last week! 

So much fun at the shower! Loved watching these girls play!

Love my friends! 

Within 5min of leaving the shower.

I snuggled with this sweet angel during his nap today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment