Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Daddy is on a hunting trip in North Dakota, but that hasn’t stopped us from having fun here at home! This beautiful October weather has been perfect for enjoying some walking in our neighborhood. Drake really seems to enjoy being outside...as long as the sun is not in his eyes. Kennedy has discovered the playground in the homeowners park down by the lake, and she loves it! She is still a little small for some of the equipment, but that doesn’t seem to bother her at all.

We also had a fun surprise visitor this weekend...Nurse Angie’s husband is a Smith County Sheriff. He brought his police vehicle over for Drake and Kennedy to check out. It was full
of electronics, gadgets, lights, ect...I know Brian wished he had been here to check it out himself. My neighbors were a little concerned about a police vehicle with lights flashing in our driveway. Not to worry...I was able to quickly ease their fears. My favorite part was when Drake grabbed his badge! I love that he is really beginning to use his hands! Nurse Angie is full of surprises...she also brought supplies for Halloween mini pizzas and cupcakes! Kennedy LOVED helping in the kitchen and Drake was right in mix watching everything in his stander. It was fun watching Kennedy enjoy her creations, and I let Drake try a little chocolate, too!

Thanks to our wonderful friends, I had a fun “Mommy’s Night Out” on Saturday! Harper’s mommy and daddy agreed to watch Kennedy at the last minute, and I was able to attend a local fundraiser. Drake was home safe and sound with his night nurse. At the event, I was asked what I do for a living...hmm...I do so many things...technically, I am a stay-at-home mom. Wow! That’s the first time I have ever said that. Drake and Kennedy are two years old and this was the first time I have ever said that. It felt strange answering that question, but I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in my life. The seven phone calls to the pharmacy and doctor’s office yesterday in order to get a needed prescription filled for Drake was proof positive that I am indeed needed here at home. 


Look, I can hold my head up when I want to!

Playing with his snake souvenir from the zoo!

Special visit from a community helper!

Chillin' in a cop car!

She wasn't quite brave enough to sit in the car, but she was willing to take a picture. 

Drakey grabbing his badge! 
.
Cupcakes! 

Helping nurse Angie with the icing! 

Helping decorate and caught in an M&M trance! 

Chocolate icing!!!

Enjoying her hard work! 

Fun at the park!

Wheeeeeeee!!!!

Tummy time with Harper! 

Sweet babies!

This is his "Mom, she's touching me!" look! 

Girls Night!!!!
 

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! Drake's hair is getting so long :-) I love those curls. Glad you were able to get out for a girl's night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like your life is getting fuller nice going

    ReplyDelete